What's your weekly mileage goal?

Shawn Gossman

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Charter Member
My goal is 40 miles a week. But as it warms up, I'll try to get it to about 100 miles a week.

How about you all?

I really prefer to not have a set goal I like to be able to ride as much as I want lol. But with it getting warmer I hope to keep my weekly average mileage 100+ per week but really need to split up my activities to include more paddling and hiking. We’ll see how that works out.

I really prefer to not have a set goal I like to be able to ride as much as I want lol. But with it getting warmer I hope to keep my weekly average mileage 100+ per week but really need to split up my activities to include more paddling and hiking. We’ll see how that works out.
Yeah, I agree. Like we talked about the other day, if all I do is ride, ride, and ride, I'll get burned out quickly. It's nice to throw hiking and kayaking in there, too.

I don't have mileage goals, the body doesn't understand miles. I do have a goal however of 10-15 hours a week, mostly low effort with a few hard efforts thrown in for good measure.

Don't have a goal, just ride as much as I have time and my body will allow. I usually get around 70-100 in the winter and around 150 in the season.

one of the biggest factors is the length of daylight. temps help but not having to ride in the dark sets the total miles more than anything.

I don't think miles, since vary with road, gravel and dirt. Try to get out at least 3 days a week, one relaxing and longer, and rest cruising for fun, interspersed with different length intervals. If riding lots of hills, pick up the pace and those are my intervals!

I don't think miles, since vary with road, gravel and dirt. Try to get out at least 3 days a week, one relaxing and longer, and rest cruising for fun, interspersed with different length intervals. If riding lots of hills, pick up the pace and those are my intervals!
I need to be more like that. I just keep setting myself up to be busy all the time. I try to bike at least 2 days a week.

Back