What's the fastest you've ever rode on your bike?

Shawn Gossman

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Charter Member
I think mine was about 45 MPH going down a hill. It scared me and I slowed it down.

How about you all?

I just did 44MPH going downhill in the mountains in VA. The road was nice and smooth, so i was loving life (especially after the 3.5mph avg 50 minute climb). I was taking it easy and braking into every blind corner. Would love to go faster.

Do you ever watch Safa Brian on YouTube? He goes really fast downhill. It's crazy stuff!

Reactions: Rom
Cool. One of my favorite rides was climbing, then going down the long winding road outside of Aspen on Maroon Bells. We would slingshot each other at high speeds. Crazy.

Reactions: Rom
42mph down hill on gravel when doing the east side loop of the MixedSoil route between Cave-In-Rock and Garden of the Gods. was one of the times i got my rotors hot enough to turn them blue.

Imagine being one of those desert riders that have to wear a leather suit so in case they fall of the bike!

62 mph In Tennessee. That was 35 years ago. I’m too old for that now. Although I did hit a bit over 50 on a bike tour in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago.

62 mph In Tennessee. That was 35 years ago. I’m too old for that now. Although I did hit a bit over 50 on a bike tour in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago.
62 MPH would scare me LOL

I bet the bike shook a little?

Back