What cycling skills do you lack?

Shawn Gossman

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Charter Member
For me, I have issues taking a mountain bike downhill if there are a lot of rocks and roots. I feel like I'm going to wreck so I usually push down.

On the road bike, I brake a lot going downhill because I'm afraid of going too fast.

How about you all? What are your lacking skills?

Speed, speed, and speed. is that a skill? I am still a rookie at all things biking, so pretty much everything for me. With climbing at the top of the list.
Climbing is something I'm fairly good at unless it's really steep climbs, then it's hike-a-bike for me.

I think I'm okay on a bike, but if when i look around, i dont have bike handling skills.

I think I'm okay on a bike, but if when i look around, i dont have bike handling skills.
So, I'll draw my hand into the center of the handlebar when I'm riding and I can look around and behind me and still ride straight otherwise I'm all over the place.

So, I'll draw my hand into the center of the handlebar when I'm riding and I can look around and behind me and still ride straight otherwise I'm all over the place.
i meant if i compare to other people but yea i can see myself swerving if im not paying attention

Back