We need more organized bike rides...

Shawn Gossman

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Charter Member
Do you agree?

Southern Illinois needs more organized bike rides.

If you could create one, where would it be? Maybe someone is watching and will get the idea and urge to do it!

I miss the Kawanas Bike Ride at Rend Lake. That would be awesome if it came back!

More organized rides along Tunnel Hill is ideal too.

There are lots of "underground" rides. I think a wine trail ride would be fun, get with the Heckawee boys and get them to lead a ride. Another gravel ride on the east side could be fun too. Lots of ideas, but I really don't do a lot of bike rides in this capacity as they don't typically fit well with my training schedule.

There are lots of "underground" rides. I think a wine trail ride would be fun, get with the Heckawee boys and get them to lead a ride. Another gravel ride on the east side could be fun too. Lots of ideas, but I really don't do a lot of bike rides in this capacity as they don't typically fit well with my training schedule.
I like the idea of an east side gravel ride. Not sure if Shawn would want to get into that one, though! Lots of great gravel on the east side, especially around Garden of the Gods area. Of course, parking would be an issue.

I like the idea of an east side gravel ride. Not sure if Shawn would want to get into that one, though! Lots of great gravel on the east side, especially around Garden of the Gods area. Of course, parking would be an issue.
It's been in the works for a while. If you listen to the SoIL cycling podcast with Mr Moore he touches on it. It's just finding someone to head it up and take the reins.

It's been in the works for a while. If you listen to the SoIL cycling podcast with Mr Moore he touches on it. It's just finding someone to head it up and take the reins.
Right. I agree with that.

I'm running the Tour de Tunnel for Vienna this year. It's been pretty crazy doing that for the first time. But I might have a kick to do something like that agian one day.

Back