Longest daily ride record

Shawn Gossman

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Charter Member
I'd love to know everyone's longest daily ride record...

This means those of you who rode every day for a certain length of days.

What's your record and when did you do it?

Do you plan to do something like this in the future?

I did a bike packing trip from Cairo to Chicago. About 100-115 miles daily for 4 days, solo. I would love to do something similar again.

I did a bike packing trip from Cairo to Chicago. About 100-115 miles daily for 4 days, solo. I would love to do something similar again.
That would be a lot of fun!

What route did you take?

Nice. It's something I want to do one day but want to choose a good route that won't be as chaotic as others.

Nice. It's something I want to do one day but want to choose a good route that won't be as chaotic as others.
That route was fairly chill. I would definitely go with a gravel bike. There was some big chunk gravel in the middle of the state.

That route was fairly chill. I would definitely go with a gravel bike. There was some big chunk gravel in the middle of the state.
That's likely what I would do. Just not sure if I'd carry things bikepacking style or road bike touring style.

If you want to ride this route with support, Bicycle Illinois runs a 6-day tour from Cairo to Chicago every August. There’s a century option each day if you’re a glutton for punishment.

If you want to ride this route with support, Bicycle Illinois runs a 6-day tour from Cairo to Chicago every August. There’s a century option each day if you’re a glutton for punishment.
I couldn't do 6 centuries in a row LOL

I did two weeks back to back of one of the Pedal Across Wisconsin rides this summer. 14 days, averaging about 50 per day.
That would be pretty cool but still very tough, I bet! Did you get saddle sore or anything like that?

No saddle sores. Using a leather Brooks B17 saddle. Weight weenies don’t like it, but for long distance rides, it can’t be beat. This model has been in the Brooks catalog virtually unchanged since the 1890’s.

Attachments

• C7DAF8F6-211F-4DA7-84C5-0AD35B5B2C29.jpeg
    C7DAF8F6-211F-4DA7-84C5-0AD35B5B2C29.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 0
No saddle sores. Using a leather Brooks B17 saddle. Weight weenies don’t like it, but for long distance rides, it can’t be beat. This model has been in the Brooks catalog virtually unchanged since the 1890’s.
I've heard a lot of folks like those leather brooks saddles!

Back