Do you use a chamois lubricant?

Shawn Gossman

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Charter Member
The chafe is real for some of us.

If I ride over 60 miles, I have to apply a lubricant to my chamois or I'll be in some pain!

I use Chammy Butt'r and love it.

What do you use? Anything better I should be using?

I've only used it once. While bike packing on day 3, i really felt the need for some anti-chafe. Regularly I don't though, not really a fan of the feeling.

I've only used it once. While bike packing on day 3, i really felt the need for some anti-chafe. Regularly I don't though, not really a fan of the feeling.
I used it on my past couple of century rides. It helped.

I use baby powder on my skin under spandex, Chamois butter on my skin only, or Barrier Balm if need the greatest protection or already chafed.

I use baby powder on my skin under spandex, Chamois butter on my skin only, or Barrier Balm if need the greatest protection or already chafed.
Never considered baby powder before! How's it work on longer rides? Do you have to reapply? To me, it would be easier to reapply that than to use a cream.

Never considered baby powder before! How's it work on longer rides? Do you have to reapply? To me, it would be easier to reapply that than to use a cream.
Don't have to reapply but I rarely ride over 30 miles on the road. I do not use if I already have skin irritation.

Back