Do you intentionally ride/train in the rain?

618Gravel

White Jersey
Charter Member
I recently went for a ride knowing it would be 95% rain induced. I was on a rail train so there was no fear of traffic or visibility issues. It defiantly required more effort than a dry ride. But beyond the effort there are several other factors to overcome, such as visibility/vision, chaffing and kit issues, post ride bike maintenance, to name a few.
Curious if anyone else trains in the rain and what issues you have noted in doing so.

I don't like to ride during thunderstorms for reasons of safety.

However, personally, I like riding in the rain as long as it's not really cold outside.

It feels more of an adventure riding in the rain, especially on a trail or a rail trail. I like roughing it, I suppose. I enjoy it when I get time to do it.

Oh heck to the no! People don't seem to be able to see me in the bright sunlight, no shot I'm risking life and limb to get a workout in. I'll get back on the trainer

I don't like riding in the rain on the road but the rail trail is fine.

I avoid the rain. Gotten stuck on group rides in it and spoiled the fun. After a good hip road rash going over a sewer grate on a corner in a crit during the rain I learned quickly to watch for those as they are slick. Reduce speed in corners, and lower tire pressure for better grip. Rain, rain, go away!

I avoid the rain. Gotten stuck on group rides in it and spoiled the fun. After a good hip road rash going over a sewer grate on a corner in a crit during the rain I learned quickly to watch for those as they are slick. Reduce speed in corners, and lower tire pressure for better grip. Rain, rain, go away!
Yeah I'm not big on speed during the rain.

I get nervous about it.

Back