Dirty South Roubaix 2024

Shawn Gossman

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Charter Member
Who's doing this event?

It'll be my first time trying it. I'm doing the half so I don't bite of more than I can chew from the get go.

Also, just got my first gravel bike so I'm BRAND NEW to it all.

If you're doing it - is it your first time? Are you doing the half or full?

Moving time: 4:58
Elapsed time: 5:28

I bonked pretty badly due to not drinking enough and only really eating when stopped. I aiming to hit 4:30 this year.
Yeah I'm bad about that. Not hydrating and fueling right. Bought a bunch of stuff from The Feed for this event and gonna try to eat and drink every half hour.

I'll be there, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Endurance ride with some efforts 100km. Don't ask time, I have no clue how my times look. Everyone seems to know better than me. Will be shooting for sub 4 hours this year if possible. Lofty, but I think it's possible if I'm able to get in the right group on the levee and on the rolling road section back to Alto.

My goal is to finish.

I don't want to be the last person to finish but if I am and I still finish, I'll be fine with that :D

I think you'll do better than you think. Only 1 big climb on the half and it's nice and early.
I feel like the TransAmerican southern IL section ride I did should prepare me enough for Pine Hills. :LOL:

Reactions: Rom
Last I checked, temps at 65ish and wind gust pushing 20 MPH! It'll probably change by then lol

Back