Are Strava Sad?

Shawn Gossman

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Charter Member
Strava isn't perfect.

Sometimes, Strava just hiccups and doesn't save your ride.

Some joke, Strava, or it didn't happen LOL

I've had many rides that didn't make it to Strava for whatever technical reason.

How does it make you feel? Does it upset you or does it simply not matter to you?

It bothers me enough that I'll try to manually upload a ride from Garmin Connect, but if that fails, it's not a big deal. My husband, OTOH, goes into meltdown mode, LOL

It bothers me enough that I'll try to manually upload a ride from Garmin Connect, but if that fails, it's not a big deal. My husband, OTOH, goes into meltdown mode, LOL
I just got a Garmin computer and connect. Does it have issues uploading to Strava? I want to know what I'm in for LOL

All things considered, the process of uploading a ride goes very smoothly 99.9% of the time! The only time I've had issues is when I'll finish a ride and the Garmin uploads it to Garmin Connect, and then for whatever reason, the ride doesn't get uploaded to Strava. It's usually a simple matter to go into Strava and manually upload the file from Garmin Connect (I think you have to use the desktop version for this vs using phone). Congrats on the Garmin purchase!!!

All things considered, the process of uploading a ride goes very smoothly 99.9% of the time! The only time I've had issues is when I'll finish a ride and the Garmin uploads it to Garmin Connect, and then for whatever reason, the ride doesn't get uploaded to Strava. It's usually a simple matter to go into Strava and manually upload the file from Garmin Connect (I think you have to use the desktop version for this vs using phone). Congrats on the Garmin purchase!!!
I sometimes have to do that with my iWatch.

It looks like a great computer. It's the Edge 540 bundle.

I never care about uploading to strava. I use xert for all my meaningful analysis. When that doesn't work is when i start to get annoyed.

Back