Southern Illinois Cycling Community

What all bikes do you have and what's next on the list?

Welcome to our community

Be apart of the ONLY Southern Illinois Cycling Community, Register Today, It's Free!

A CX bike is pretty much a gravel bike, right? Or rather the gravel bike was inspired by it?
its pretty much a pure road bike with clearance for wider tires. closer to road bike geometry because you want the twitchy fast cornering aspects of having a short wheel base. Especially when compared to the longer lower gravel bike.

its pretty much a pure road bike with clearance for wider tires. closer to road bike geometry because you want the twitchy fast cornering aspects of having a short wheel base. Especially when compared to the longer lower gravel bike.
Interesting. I wonder though if it inspired the gravel bike?

I mean I rode a CX bike for a gravel bike for years. Now gravel bikes are super capable and are more reminiscent of 90s MTBs with drop bars. Not necessarily a bad thing, especially if you have an old frame you can build up
I think CX would have been fun to get into. I wouldn't know where to start though!

It's by far the most "multisport" you're going to get while racing a pure bike race. Big Shark in St Louis puts on a great series that runs weekly in the area. Lots of good beginner friendly courses.

https://www.bigshark.com/articles/2...l-cyclocross-series-10-6-24-to-12-1-24-pg1378.
Thanks. I'll check it out. Even if I just do a few a year or something like that is fine with me. I'm enjoying competing here and there. DSR was a lot of fun and I never even trained for it.

I just got my first E-bike. Aventon Ramblas MTB. Wanted it for long gravel rides or going up impossible hills that only motorcycles could climb. Will let you know how it goes. Not replacing my Kawasaki KLX 300 or Specialized Stumpjumper Evo! Just another option.
I'll probably get one next.

Maybe just a standard eBike though. Something to ride on country roads and Tunnel Hill.

I want to stick to a traditional bike as long as I can.

I just got my first E-bike. Aventon Ramblas MTB. Wanted it for long gravel rides or going up impossible hills that only motorcycles could climb. Will let you know how it goes. Not replacing my Kawasaki KLX 300 or Specialized Stumpjumper Evo! Just another option.
That aventon looks like a good deal. I love the idea of an e-mtb because i'm not good on a MTB yet so getting comfortable going faster while not having to actually work as hard can only be a benefit.

Back