Can you see yourself ever getting an eBike?

Shawn Gossman

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Charter Member
Do you plan to eventually get an eBike?

Do you plan to ever only ride eBikes?

What's your general opinions on eBikes?

My wife is getting an ebike soon. Can't wait. I want an E-MTB so I can better my skills at lower heart rates.

My wife is getting an ebike soon. Can't wait. I want an E-MTB so I can better my skills at lower heart rates.
I'd like to get my wife one. I feel like she would enjoy riding more if she had one.

I built a conversion e-bike for my wife. She has a Specialized flat bar road bike. I bought the conversion kit from a UK company called Swytch. About $700 for the kit. Motor is in the front wheel, pickup on the crank to detect pedaling and battery/controls on the handlebars.

Unless you drop a lot of coin, most of the e-bikes are absolute crap. So now she has an e-bike that is a decent bike with assist that fits her. About 30 mile range, but she doesn’t want to ride further. And the bike rides nicely with the power off.

Unless you drop a lot of coin, most of the e-bikes are absolute crap.
I've noticed the cost of a good eBike is pretty crazy. I guess it's easy to up the price for that market when it's a lot of people concerned for their health but know they could never ride a regular bike. But our regular bikes aren't the cheapest, either, lol.

Back